First mention of the Witowice church was made on 12 February 1297 and probably relates to the wooden church which originally stood here. In the time of the construction of the present church, it was located in the center of the village, but now a large part of it is gone, therefore the small hill on which the church is located remains on the western edge of the village. From 1534 the church served as a Protestant one and the interior was changed to suit their needs. At the end of the 17th century, it was rebuilt after a fire. Fire destroyed it again in 1800. At the end of the 19th century, it was reconstructed after a fire destroyed the main part and left only the tower and the west wall. A new building was erected while retaining the crypt and the Medieval and Renaissance epitaphs. After WWII, the church became Catholic again, therefore the interior was changed, along with the main altar. The 18th-century pulpit, devastated organs and original epitaphs were preserved. In 1978, a Roman-Catholic parish dedicated to Our Lady of Częstochowa was established here.