The church of the Exaltation of the Cross was built in the 15th century next to the Poor Clares' monastery, which operated in Strzelin from the end of the 13th century. In 1540, the last nuns left the monastery. Eight years later, there was a fire and Prince George II of Brieg confiscated the property. At the end of the 17th century, the Augustinians from Vienna, who led the reconstruction and the dedication of the monastery and church in 1721, began to vie for the cloister and the church. At the beginning of the 19th century, the King of Prussia suppressed of their assets. In 1842, the parish was established, and over 50 years later, part of the monastery was taken over by the Sisters of Mercy of St. Borromeo. In 1945, German troops blew up the western part of the church. After WWII, the church was taken over by Polish priests and rebuilt in 1955-1956. The interior decoration is Baroque, with 18th century sculptures and paintings of Jan Józef Klima.