The fillial church of St. John Cantius was built on the hill at the end of the 15th century and enclosed by a stone wall. Initially Gothic, it was rebuilt in the 18th century, restored in 1962 and in 2010-2012. It is a single nave church with a triangular chancel. On the ridge of the roof above the nave there is a characteristic bell tower. The church faces east, is made of stone and is buttressed. There are galleries placed along the three sides of the nave. The interior furnishings, such as the high altar and the pulpit, are Baroque. The pipe organ casing dates from the turn of the 20th century. In the wall surrounding the church one may find some surviving tombstones. Up until 1945 the church was used by Evangelists, but today it is Roman Catholic.
3:00 h 60.6 km
Penitential Crosses - LGD Gromnik
3:00 h 26.7 km
In the footsteps of history - museums of Gromnik LAG
2:00 h 15.2 km
Overlooking the quarries