St. Ursula Church in Kowalów

Church

Information

  • Address: 57-120 Kowalów
The Gothic church of St. Ursula was built at the beginning of the 14th century. It is first mentioned in 1316. The present building was reconstructed ca. 1600, when, among other things, the southern porch was added. The church was destroyed during WWII and was rebuilt in 1966. The chancel is covered by a cross vault. The two most valuable furnishings are the sandstone sacramentstore adjacent to the wall, which dates from the turn of the 16th century, and a Baroque high altar from the 17th century with a painting portraying Christ's baptism.

Related routes

194 km
Churches and Chapels - LGD Gromnik
39.3 km easy
Gothic Churches Trail - part II
44.3 km 4:03 h easy
The route of churches and chapels Gromnik LAG - part III