Evangelical cemetery

Monument

Information

  • Address: ul. Zwycięstwa, 55-080 Kąty Wrocławskie
The Evangelical cemetery was founded in the first half of the 16th century when the Protestant church was forming in Kąty. Today, we only know that it was located partly on the present cemetery of the Soviet soldiers. The Red Army soldiers, who were killed in the battles held around Kąty Wrocławskie, were buried here by order of a Soviet commanding officer in February 1945. Altogether, 218 soldiers are buried here in single graves and in a mass grave. The prisoners from the Gross-Rosen concentration camp and the victims of the Nazi Death March who died or were shot in 1945 are buried here as well.

Related routes

13.6 km 2:00 h easy
Bicycle morning in the vicinity of Katy Wroclawskie