Church of St. Peter and St. Paul the Apostles in Kąty Wrocławskie

Church

Information

  • Address: ul. Kościelna 2, 55-080 Kąty Wrocławskie
The first mention of a church in Kąty comes from 1301, but it is not known exactly when the first one was built here. The current late Gothic church comes from ca. 1500 and has retained its simple medieval character. It is a stone and brick church with three naves, a three-sided chancel and a tower adjoining the west wall. In 1520, the sacristy was added, as was the porch. During the Reformation period, most of the local residents were Lutherans, so the church was transformed into an evangelical one. The Counter-Reformation movement brought back the Catholic faith. In 1730-1750, the church interior was restored in Baroque style, and at the end of the 19th c., it was given its present Neo-Gothic character. The main altar was built in 1879 in the studio of the Wrocław sculptor Karol Buhl. The central image of the Virgin Mary was brought here by Poles deported from the village Tłumacz near Stanisławów (now Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine).

Related routes

13.6 km 2:00 h easy
Bicycle morning in the vicinity of Katy Wroclawskie
213 km 11:00 h
In the Medieval Times
183 km 12:00 h easy
The route of churches and chapels – Lider LAG