The first mention of the church in Jaksonów comes from 1299. The present church was built in the 1st half of the 15th century and rebuilt in the years 1600-1603. Further modernization took place in the 18th c. when the north chapel was added. The church was completely restored again in the late 19th c. It is a single-nave building, brick, oriented, with a rectangular chancel and a neo-Gothic tower seated on the western side. Inside, there are several epitaphs from the 18th c. The premises are surrounded by a defensive stone wall with crenelles, built in 1608.