Penitential crosses

Jaksonów
The granite cross on the left side of the stairs leading to the churchyard dates from the 14th to 16th century. The cross is recognized as a monument of a medieval law requiring a murderer to place a stone cross at the site of his crime. Each year, the artifact is painted white by the villagers. On the other side of the stairs, there used to be another penitential cross, mentioned in the list of stone crosses in Silesia from 1923, however, it has been lost.

Nearby places

Church of the Exaltation of the Cross in Jaksonów

Jaksonów

Church of St. Catherine in Przecławice

Przecławice

Jougs – an instrument of imprisonment

Przecławice

Nearby trips