Places

expand collapse Search criteria


The Waterloo Museum in Krobielowice

Krobielowice 21, Krobielowice
+48 71 3166114

The palace was built in the 16th century on the site of a 14th-c. defensive structure. In the years 1699-1704 it was reconstructed and given its present form. The Waterloo Museum, located in the...

The square in Sobótka

Rynek, Sobótka
606301291

The recreation center „Pielgrzym” Sobótka

ul. Słoneczna 20, Sobótka
+48 601584419, 71 7151020

Recreation Center "Pielgrzym" is a cheap accommodation base in the city of Sobótka. It offers accommodation in single, double, triple, quadruple and five-person rooms with internet access...

The peak of Mt.Ślęża

Sobótka

The highest peak of the Ślęża Massif (718 m asl). From the Bronze Age tor the advent of Christianity in these lands, the mountain was a center of Pagan solar worship. The development of the sanctuary...

The Monk – a sacred stone sculpture in Sobótka

Sobótka

The Monk is a stone sculpture made of local granite, 270 cm tall, with a shape resembling a bowling skittle or a high vessel. On the basis and the head, signs of a diagonal cross are engraved....

St. Mary of the Nativity and St. Wolfgang church in Borów

Borów

The first mention of the church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary and St. Wolfgang in Borów comes from 1202. Its present form is a result of a rebuilding that took place in the second part of the...

St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception church in Trestno

ul. Nadodrzańska, Trestno

The first church in Trestno was built in 1539. It was a Lutheran cemetery chapel. The last pastor was Andreas Mauersberger, who was expelled in 1653. During the Thirty Years War, the church was...

St. Gotthard Church in Strzelin

Strzelin

The St. Gotthard church dates from the 12th or 13th century. Originally a rotunda, in later years it was subject to expansion in the Gothic style. The apse was demolished, additional naves were built...