Places

expand collapse Search criteria


Town hall

Rynek 1, Kąty Wrocławskie

The current town hall building was erected in the years 1876-1879. This Neo-Romanesque town hall built in a rectangular shape has an inner courtyard with a well. From the east, a 36 m Renaissance...

Topacz castle

ul. Główna 12, Ślęza
+48 71 7719999

"Topacz" castle's history dates back to the 14th century, when it was built by the Templar Knights as a defensive and residential tower. Today it houses a four-star hotel and a conference center with...

The St. John Hospital Chapel in Strzelin

Strzelin

The chapel was built in ca. 1350. Destroyed in 1945, it was rebuilt in the late 1970s and 1980s. The hospital itself worked in Strzelin already before 1346. The chapel, which was established to...

The sculpture of an archer

Strzelin

The sculpture of the archer ready to shoot refers to the name of the city, or perhaps it commemorates the heroic archers defending the city against attacks in the Middle Ages. The monument was...

The Church of Sts. Peter and Paul in Dobrocin

ul. Tadeusza Kościuszki, Dobrocin

This small Gothic church with a clearly protruding chancel was built in the 14th century and reconstructed in 1515.  During the Reformation, the church was taken over by Lutherans, but by 1654...

The Church of St. John the Baptist in Mościsko

ul. Pocztowa 4, Mościsko

The church was mentioned already in 1268, which makes it one of the oldest churches of Lower Silesia. Although it was rebuilt in 1562, it did not lose its Gothic character. The chancel is covered...

The church of St. John of Nepomuk in Zielenice

Zielenice

The first mention of the church of St. John of Nepomuk is from 1335. The current Gothic-Baroque building was built in the 15th century, and in approximately 1765 it was enlarged by the addition of...

The Blücher Mausoleum

Krobielowice

The mausoleum and tomb of Field Marshal Gebhard Leberecht Blücher, the commander of the Prussian army in the battles of Waterloo, Leipzig, Bautzen and during the Six Days Campaign, were built in the...

The Będkowice Archaeological Reserve

Będkowice

The Będkowice Archaeological Reserve covers an area of a well-preserved Dark Age burgh site, which was inhabited by the tribe of Śleżanie. It was a center of Pagan worship of the forces of nature and...

The Bear of Ślęża – a sacred stone sculpture on the top of Ślęża

Sobótka

The Bear of Ślęża is a sacred stone sculpture found in 1854 at the Road of the Wild Pig, above the village of Strzegomia. In 1906 it was move to the summit of Mt. Ślęża and is now exhibited next to...