Places

expand collapse Search criteria


St. Mary of the Nativity and St. Wolfgang church in Borów

Borów

The first mention of the church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary and St. Wolfgang in Borów comes from 1202. Its present form is a result of a rebuilding that took place in the second part of the...

St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception church in Trestno

ul. Nadodrzańska, Trestno

The first church in Trestno was built in 1539. It was a Lutheran cemetery chapel. The last pastor was Andreas Mauersberger, who was expelled in 1653. During the Thirty Years War, the church was...

St. Gotthard Church in Strzelin

Strzelin

The St. Gotthard church dates from the 12th or 13th century. Originally a rotunda, in later years it was subject to expansion in the Gothic style. The apse was demolished, additional naves were built...

Church of the Holy Trinity in Żórawina

Żórawina

The church of the Holy Trinity in Żórawina is the only Gothic-Mannerist fortified church in Lower Silesia. Built in the 14th century, it is a rectangular structure of brick and broken granite. It was...

Church of St. Michael the Archangel in Tyniec nad Ślęzą

ul. Szkolna 8, Tyniec nad Ślęzą

The church of St. Michael the Archangel was mentioned as early as 1189. The present Romanesque church was built in mid-13th century, and the tower was added in the 15th. The church was rebuilt in...

The St. John Hospital Chapel in Strzelin

Strzelin

The chapel was built in ca. 1350. Destroyed in 1945, it was rebuilt in the late 1970s and 1980s. The hospital itself worked in Strzelin already before 1346. The chapel, which was established to...

The Church of Sts. Peter and Paul in Dobrocin

ul. Tadeusza Kościuszki, Dobrocin

This small Gothic church with a clearly protruding chancel was built in the 14th century and reconstructed in 1515.  During the Reformation, the church was taken over by Lutherans, but by 1654...

The Church of St. John the Baptist in Mościsko

ul. Pocztowa 4, Mościsko

The church was mentioned already in 1268, which makes it one of the oldest churches of Lower Silesia. Although it was rebuilt in 1562, it did not lose its Gothic character. The chancel is covered...

The church of St. John of Nepomuk in Zielenice

Zielenice

The first mention of the church of St. John of Nepomuk is from 1335. The current Gothic-Baroque building was built in the 15th century, and in approximately 1765 it was enlarged by the addition of...