The stone castle on the top of Mt. Ślęża was built in 1343 by Prince of Świdnica and Jawor Bolko II in place of a previous defensive structure. The object was built on irregular plan, surrounded by walls, with a high tower. In 1353 it was donated as a wedding gift to the Czech king Charles IV. In the 15th century, for several years, it was besieged by the Hussites, and later by the rouge knights. Conquered and completely destroyed by the townspeople of Świdnica and Wrocław in 1471, it was left in ruins. Fragments of walls and foundations can still be seen. On a fragment, a church was built in 1702.
4:00 22.7 km
5:00 37.7 km
The landscapes of Mietkowski lake and Ślęża Massif
6:30 41.5 km
Ancient History Trail