The present church in Karczyn was built on the foundations of a former one, demolished in the 1950s. The first mention of a local parish comes from 1161. Nothing is known of the fate of the former churches. However, we do know that in 1857, a large Evangelical church was built here. It was later demolished as a result of the damages it suffered by the end of WWII. The present church was erected in 2003.